Senior Financial Accountant
Accounting Mid Senior Ireland
- / Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin
A leading insurance company based in Dublin are looking to hire a Senior Financial Accountant on a permanent basis due to large growth within the organisation.
This role will oversee the Company’s IFRS 17 project implementation.
Previous experience within the life insurance sector would be preferred.
- Responsible for the Company’s IFRS 17 project implementation, this includes:
- Oversee the production, validation, and analysis of data to fulfil the Company’s IFRS 17 reporting obligations
- Support the implementation of IFRS 17 program of the Group into the existing accounting system framework
- Oversee the production of financial statements that are IFRS 17 compliant.
- Develop and document procedures for all accounting, system, and reporting processes under IFRS 17
- Prepare and complete Solvency II reporting in accordance with the calendar and submit to the CFO for review and approval.
- Assist in interpreting and reconciling Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet. Complete month end accounting activities in accordance with the Company calendar.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with a significant number of years relevant industry post qualification experience
- Life insurance industry experience and a desire to work on innovative solutions
- Strong project management skills with experience of IFRS 17 implementation required.
- Detail-oriented with great organisational skills, but comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external business partners
- Top performer that is willing to dive into the details
Glen is an ACCA qualified accountant with Big Four training and direct experience with an award-winning recruitment company.