Head of Compliance & MLRO
Compliance Senior UK
- / Salary: £120-£140k
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: London
Head of Compliance & MLRO (SMF16 & SMF17)
Coopman Search and Selection are delighted to partnering exclusively with an alternative investment firm in London with ambitious growth plans to find a Head of Compliance & MLRO to support the business through the next phase of their journey. This firm has recently received FCA approval with plans to expand into new markets. Reporting directly to the CEO and Co-founding team, you will be required to build and develop robust compliance and financial crime programme responsible for designing, overseeing, and developing the compliance and financial crime function.
As the Head of Compliance & MLRO, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the firm is compliant with compliance and anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
• Act as the primary point of contact with regulatory bodies and government agencies on all Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime matters
• Manage the performance of the compliance and financial crime team to ensure they operate with efficiency and effectiveness, providing guidance and support to team members whilst adhering to the Compliance and Financial Crime Policies and Procedures as well as UK/Irish/EU regulations
• Provide remediation and mitigation plans, strategies and advice on potential emerging financial crime risks that require senior management attention
• Ensure all Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime policies, procedures and supplementary documents are reviewed on an annual basis and reflect the current regulatory landscape
• Assume responsibility, from a Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime perspective, for all mergers and acquisitions within the group
• Actively participate within any strategic business initiatives that are sponsored by senior management
• Oversee the completion of the annual financial crime risk assessment, which will include updating the current manual and automated controls
• Communicate to the business the key components of the Compliance and Financial Crime Program, holding relevant training sessions for senior management, existing employees and new hires in line with the policy requirements.
• Ensure all compliance and financial crime due diligence decisions are handled appropriately, and customer information held securely
• Track all financial crime issues arising from internal and external audits, risk assessments and regulatory reviews until the conclusion
• Keep up to date with regulatory developments impacting the business
• Provide management information to the senior management and executive team
• Degree educated, or equivalent professional experience
• Proven financial crime expertise, having previously held the control function SMF16 & SMF17 designation.
• Financial Services experience, or experience working with an alternative and/or newly regulated firm
• Significant experience managing regulatory compliance and anti-financial crime processes at an FCA regulated firm
• Expert knowledge of anti-money laundering regulation, policies, and procedures
• Experienced establishing relationships with regulators and law enforcement
• Strong problem solving, analytical and communication abilities
• Demonstrate good leadership and mentoring skills
William has experience across multiple markets, specialising in compliance and financial crime at the interim, mid-to-senior and executive level.