Group Financial Accountant
Accounting Associate Ireland
- / Salary: €55K
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin
A large International Financial Institution based in Dublin are looking to hire a Group Financial Accountant on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract due to large growth within the organisation.
- Support the preparation of financial results, including completing analytical reviews of subsidiary accounts submissions within strict deadlines.
- Support the improvement of the financial reporting process in particular to support growing statutory and regulatory disclosure requirements e.g. IFRS 17/9 and continuing pressure on reporting deadlines.
- Support the consolidation of monthly and quarterly financial statements for the Group consolidated accounts including preparation of consolidation journals, eliminations, group intercompany reconciliations and foreign exchange impacts.
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledgers of a number of holding companies, including intercompany recharges and intercompany accounts.
- Support the development of various projects to enhance and develop the consolidation process.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent). Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a relevant auditing/accounting role
- Strong technical accounting knowledge is essential
- Strong knowledge of IFRS is required
- Strong excel knowledge is an advantage
- Financial services experience is crucial; experience in insurance would be a distinct advantage.
Glen is an ACCA qualified accountant with Big Four training and direct experience with an award-winning recruitment company.